When buying or selling real estate, renting or if we are managing your investments you have access to our Harcourts Complete service.
This service is free to Harcourts clients and provides all the relevant real estate services that you will require before, during or after your transaction. We will take care of a wide range of services including arranging your connections, your disconnections, conveyancing, home loans and insurance.
Harcourts Complete also provides relevant real estate information for you and will keep you up to date with what is happening with Real Estate in Australia. You are able to download our Blue Book collection offering you a range of the latest properties on the market and also able to subscribe to our Australian news.
At Harcourts we are committed to providing our clients with the complete service.
We have created a list of things to do before you move.
Make sure you cancel:
- Newspaper delivery
- Milk delivery
Notify Change of Address:
- Credit Card Companies
- Post Office for redirection of mail
- Registrar of electors (at Post Office)
- Registrar of Motor Vehicles and Drivers License
- Insurance companies (house, contents, car, life, health etc)
- Hire purchase or Finance company
- Investment companies
- Local Council
- Loyalty Clubs and Organisations
- Police (if you own/store firearms)
- Publications you subscribe to
- Who else sends you mail?
- Clean the stove
- Defrost the fridge/freezer
- Tidy the yard
- Ensure that the chattels that have been sold with the property aren't accidentally packed
- Disconnect all appliances
- Disconnect the TV aerial
- Return any borrowed items
- Throw out items that you do not intend taking with you (organise garage sales)
- List valuable items for special care when moving
- Advise removal company of dangerous goods being moved (eg ammunition, petrol, spirits, chemicals)
- Securely pack all jewellery, money, special documents and papers (eg legal, tax insurance etc)
- Set aside items you will need on the day of the move so you don't take them with you (eg food, drinks, cleaning products)
- Pack each room leaving the boxes stacked and labelled with the room they are to be moved to (eg kitchen). It is also a good idea to write a list of contents on each box
- Boxes containing 'breakables' should be labelled with FRAGILE and identify these items to your removal people
- Pot and pack away plants and cuttings that you intend to take with you
- Explain your packing procedure to the removal people and be at your new home when they arrive
- Put breakables or liquid filled containers in drawers
- Overload drawers and make furniture too heavy to shift (too much weight can damage furniture)
- Move netting, barbed wire, timber, wood, coal etc without special arrangements being made
- Store perishable items where they may be overlooked
Make special arrangements:
- See your solicitor to sign transfer documents/mortgage discharge documents
- Advise your children's school that your children are leaving and if applicable notify them of the new school so they can forward files
- Enroll children in a new school
- Newspaper Delivery
- Cable/Foxtel connection
The week before moving:
- Remind and confirm dates/times/locations for the furniture removal company
- Confirm moving in/out details and key exchange with your Sales Consultant
- Let children say goodbye to friends/family etc
The last check:
- Nothing left behind?
- No clothes left at the dry cleaners?
- No items stored away from the property?
- Electricity and Gas turned off?
- Telephone/Internet disconnected?
- Water turned off and no taps left running?
- Lights switched off?
- Windows and doors locked?
- Keys left with solicitor? (if appropriate)
After the move:
- Have spare keys cut
- Familiarise children/yourself with the area
- Enjoy your new home
- Keep in touch with your Harcourts Aqua consultant. We'd love to hear how you are going.