advantage of professional advice when setting up the property to be displayed
to its best advantage has proven to provide an excellent return on the
relatively small investment involved. We provide an initial professional
consultation with a property image specialist free of charge.
You will be
advantaged by the confidence and clear purpose that will provide you. In
addition if you have the budget and see the value you may choose to hire items
or even a home full of display items all designed to make the property worth
more in the mind of the buyer.
"Most buyers look for homes that are well cared for, clean and bright".
- Professional Advice - Our home presentation advisers will give more specific advice and even hire furniture if required.
- Kitchen - Stove, refrigerator and sink should be spotless and all work surfaces clean. Remove magnets from fridges.
- Bathrooms - Neat, spotless and fresh. Eliminate mould and water stains, place out fresh towels and remove clutter.
- Wardrobes - Untidy and overcrowded wardrobes suggest there is inadequate storage space. So de-clutter and keep the contents to a minimum.
- Plumbing - Repair dripping taps and leaky toilets.
- House Exterior - Wash down and repaint if required.
- Lawns and Yard - Remove clutter, cut grass, edge paths, trim hedges and pull weeds.
- Lights - Replace all burned out bulbs and faulty switches. Brighter higher wattage lighting aids presentation.
- Distractions - Occupants and pets can prevent buyers from concentrating on your home. We suggest that you allow prospective buyers to inspect your property without distraction.
- Hardware - Oil hinges, tighten door knobs and taps.
- General Condition - Dust, wash, paint, fix defects as required. Ensure windows and make sure glass doors are clean.
- Consider - Feeling of spaciousness, store unneeded items to enlarge the room size.
At Harcourts Aqua we believe every home is unique and should be treated so, therefore for specific details regarding the presentation of your home please do not hesitate to contact our office on 08 8449 3300 to speak to an experienced agent**
- Advise your sales agent - Let your sales consultant know which room benefits from the late afternoon sun and summer breeze and tell the sales consultant the things you like best about the house, section and location.
We have compiled a check list you may find helpful when preparing your home for sale.
**Please note the above guide is purely a generic guideline.
Image by Home Image & Design